Wednesday 24 August 2016

Back to school with Lauren and Lexi // Hair and makeup

Hey guys xo
So We all know in the coming weeks it's back to school. And for bloggers that means back to school posts. So me and one of blogging bestie Lexi from Lexii the newt decided we should a back to school series similar to our summer sleepover we did last year. There is going to be three posts over the space of this week so I hope you enjoy.
Lexis blog: Lexii the newt

I know with hair and makeup we all make am effort for the first month and then it's just hair it's just a quick brush of the hair or a bit of mascara but I have some really quick hairstyles and a makeup look for you.

So one of the cutest hair styles which once you get the hang of it takes less than five minutes. Dutch plaits. It's basically like French plaits but instead of bringing the hair over you bring it over. Its such a good hairstyle for school because it keeps your hair out of your face but it's not fully up, if you get what I mean.

Another one of my favourite hair styles is a half up Half down. I love this as you can still wear your hair down but by tying that tiny bit up it makes all the difference, keeping it out of your face but still doing something with it. Another option would be putting the pony tail part into a bun. This is so cute and adds even more to a simple and cute half up half down.

You can add so much to pony tails and I know a lot of schools make the students have their hair completely up, so why not add a plait into your pony tail. You can do it many different ways but personally I love when you do it at the back. As you can see from the picture I wear my pony tail
round to the side so when people look from the back they will be able to see the plait going up into it.

Other hairstyles I love are messy buns. I usually do this after I've had wavy hair as the bun is really big and has lots of volume. I would also sometimes wear a normal fish tail plait to back as it gets in the way with my uniform. It can sometimes take a while but it's worth it.

For my makeup I like to keep it very minimal as I don't have enough time to touch up during the day.
I don't usually bother with a primer as I spend most of my day sitting around it basically stays in place.
For the first step I either use BB cream or foundation. I usually go for foundation as it covers more but on days I feel confident I go for the BB cream. I usually use No7 or rimmel.




I then go in with concealer. I love the collection lasting perfection or Rimmel wake me up. Both of
these are amazing for covering and brightening . And boy do I need the concealer. I really don't like the early mornings.

I then do my eyebrows. I use sleek as its one of the only brands that have a shade that matches my eyebrows as they're a cool brown shade unlike my hair which is very warm toned.

I don't do any eye makeup just a bit of mascara. I don't bother Curling my eyelashes as they already naturally curl upward,which is very good for me as it makes my eyes look larger as there very small. I go for whatever mascara I feel like on the day but this time I decided to go for roller lash by
benefit. This is one of my all time favourite mascara. It really makes my lashes look fuller and longer.



I then go in with a bit of bronzer to warm up my face as I'm always very pale and this does really help add a bit of colour to my face especially in the winter months.

That's basically my school makeup rountine, I might do a bit more if I'm getting a picture taken for school or its a special day.

That's it for today. See you soon with my next post in the series.
Love you all Lauren xo




1 comment :

  1. I loved reading this and I really need to learn how to do braids, I'm so bad at them! I loved collabing with you again can't wait to see the other posts! - Lexi xx

    ReplyDelete