Sunday 24 May 2015

Summer sleepover decorations and recipes r / with Lexi the newt

Hey guys so this week me and Lexi are doing another blog post in  our series. This week is recipes and decorations Now food is very important at a sleepover. Before I start I would of actually made these this week to show you but i have exams this week and Friday was my last proper day before exams so all my end of year projects are due.


Now I have have made these loads of times and there amazing. And there rainbow cupcakes basically they taste the exact same but are rainbow.

So basically just follow a cupcake recipe. And then the fun part. You spilt the mixture into 4 or 5 np bowls and then add the different food colourings to each one. Mix them in and then go round and add each colour into each case. It's  helps if you go round and do all the red first then the next colour your doing. These turn out amazing a with some white icing they look so nice.


Next thing you could make it cake or brownie in a mug. This isn't the nicest sometimes but it looks so cute. First You need your ingredients

4 tablespoons of flour
4 tablespoons of sugar
4 tablespoons of unsweetened baking soda.
2 tablespoons of water
A few drops of vanilla essence

Now you mix it all together in a mug and then put it in the microwave for 3-4 minutes.


Another thing is mocktail. For this anything goes. You can add some juices and a bit of fruit but here's a recipe I though looked really nice.

A couple more things your could make are

Chocolate popcorn, just melt the chocolate and pour it over the popcorn.
Fruit kebabs, use really colourful summer fruits to make them look real cute.
Smoothies, use whatever Fruits you like in a smoothie.



Now onto decorations,
Now if your going to be eating outside, it would be could to have little Chinese lantern thingys if you get what I'm a mean by that. I'm sure penny's would do them. And you get little cute candle holders and put fake candles in them that way you could hang them around the garden and no worry about them going on fire. Also I think cute bunting would be real cute.


 One thing you could do is make DIY bunting. All you need is fabric, something to attach the shapes onto, some glue that is strong enough to make it stick and scissors. The first thing you do is cut out the shapes you want you can lightly draw them onto the fabric first if you want. Then you turn them over and add glue. Then lastly all you do is stick the string on and leave it to dry and your done.


When your inside I think the same things would be real cute especially when it's dark and the little lights are all Around the room. Also your gonna need lots of pillows and blankets. It will make it look
more relaxed and comfy.


Sorry this isn't my best but I've been studying and finishing end of year projects since next week I'm off for summer but then I'll be able to write blog posts more often for you.

Lots of love Lauren xx


No comments :

Post a Comment